Sunday, March 6, 2011

Doing My Part: Part 1

For those of you who don't live in Portland, there is an ongoing campaign amongst the locals to Keep [It] Weird. Observe:






It's such a popular and well-known slogan, it has even inspired spin-offs:


(Evidence for the success of both campaigns can be found in this Portland Monthly Magazine article.)

At any rate, as a budding Portlander, I feel it is my civic duty to help ensure that this city is totally whacked out (OK, that's just a convenient excuse to justify the ridiculous things I would probably be doing anyway). I even roped my sister, Vanessa, into helping out when she came out to visit recently. As we walked home from the grocery store, we encountered an opportunity we just couldn't pass up:


                                                         
We had soooo much fun being whimsical and spontaneous! Right, Vanessa?



Ahhhhhahahahaha! Oh, how I love this photo. While trying to be whimsical and spontaneous was sort of fun, it wasn't until I saw this that I collapsed on the sidewalk, seizing with laughter and wiping the tears from my eyes (for the record, so did Vanessa). I think it's safe to say we've done our part, for now.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Keep Vancouver Normal." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well, at least we know we don't have any competition.

    ReplyDelete