Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sry guys, wife agro.

That, my friends, is what Dylan typed immediately after this conversation:

Me: Whatcha up to?
Dylan: 'Bout to do a quick raid.
Me: Oh. ...
Me: Do you have to do a raid right now?
Dylan: Uhhh... nooooo?


And then, after an awkward pause, he proceeded to apologize to his fellow gamers for having an "agro" wife. He was met with sympathetic remarks all around.

My immediate reaction was hysterical laughter. Apparently an event such as this one is so commonplace in the world of online gaming that they have a code for it!

But after a second's thought I realized I was being cast as the "agro" wife--not so appealing. It implies that wives are angry, nagging people who crush their husband's dreams. (In fact, I had much more pleasant activities in mind, the details of which I won't go into here as I can already sense my brothers squirming in discomfort). Dylan then explained that "agro" doesn't necessarily mean "aggravated" or "aggressive." A better translation of the phrase would be, "Sorry, folks, I have to go now because I need to spend time with the people I love who do not game." Ah, well, that I can get on board with. Maybe their new code should be, "Sry guys, sxy wife way btr than elf toon."



P.S. Dylan, for his part, deserves credit for being a wonderfully responsive partner who was more than willing to switch his game plan (Ha! Get it? Game plan? .... Right. Sorry.). He's the bestest!

No comments:

Post a Comment