Thursday, February 17, 2011

Christmas in... February?

No, actually, this is the first of a few retro-posts that will be popping up intermittently (though it's entirely plausible that I would still have a Christmas tree up, given my love of the holiday season... and my penchant for procrastination.). I have some pics from last year that I never printed, posted, emailed, or otherwise employed in a useful manner, and if I don't post them here, they will wither away in a digital wasteland.

First up: The Cutest and Best Christmas Gift Anyone Could Ever Want


Awwwwwwwww! How cute is that?

Christmas 2010 was our first Christmas as a married couple (me and Dylan, that is--not me and Bailey). We (well, OK, more like "I") like the idea of creating new traditions together. We came up with the idea of buying one new ornament every year, so that someday we will have a tree decorated with the memories of our years together (have I mentioned that "Cheesefest" was a close contender for the blog title?).

Here is our first ornament:












Yes, that's right. There's nothing there. So much for traditions. Maybe we can make it a tradition to plan to buy, but not actually buy, an ornament every year. At least it'd be easier to take down the tree.

2 comments:

  1. wouldn't you know...ahahahah...i got your first christmas ornament last week at pamida's 90% off after xmas sale for a whopping 39 cents:)it will go perfectly with your cheesiness and procrastination theme...it is a first christmas together 2010 ornament, pamida's style! i even went as far as getting two of them (couldn't pass up the sale!!!)one is silver , the other one is golden; one for you and one for Dylan...so now i have added to your newly acquired christmas tradition, not just 1 xmas ornament for the tree but one for each other...love u , mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, i forgot to say what a beautiful christmas picture that is...it's a symbol of peace and love...i love it:) Bailey has won my heart too! he is too cute...mom

    ReplyDelete