Sunday, February 20, 2011

Living Up to His Name

Bailey's strengths do not lie in exploration. Or agility. Or grace. He is unable, for example, to jump onto our kitchen counters--which is remarkable, given his insatiable appetite and the scavenging opportunities available to him a mere three feet off the ground. But what he lacks in prowess he makes up for in cuddleability. Boo can out-cuddle any cat in the universes (yes, I said universes, but more on that later). He is, as we tell him daily, "the best lap kitty in the world" (alternately, "the cutest kitty in the world" or "the best. Kitty. Ever"). Once this guy settles in, there is no budging him.


Indeed, he cares not if there is a keyboard in the way of his target lap. Bring it, QWERTY!

I love the look on Dylan's face in this photo. It says, "I can't believe that I just let my W.O.W. character die because I couldn't bring myself to move Bailey! His cuteness hath bewitched me!"


OK, I don't know where the antiquated English came from. Dylan doesn't talk like that. (He's a different kind of nerd.) At any rate, he and Bailey eventually managed to work out a compromise,


 which clearly worked for Boo:


(You can just ignore Dylan's dirty socks.)
 

4 comments:

  1. oh you make me laugh so much...dylan 's face says it all:) bailey is definitely a unique cat in the universes..yeah, i think i heard something about the discovery of many other universes??? hello spaceships:)if we get lucky we might get to see one in chile...according to my friend paty alcayaga her and her daughter have seen a couple, i will have them tell you the story in person:) yeah!!!! also, google the story about the man who went to a hidden under the ocean place in the south of chile where aliens have a hospital for us humanoids, the man was taken and returned cured of some disease he had...i think it may be called atlantis, but not sure though...
    i am listening to such a romantic song, perfect to listen to on any given romantic day/night , its called "sea of love" by phil pillips / The Twilights from 1959...enough ramblin' for now...love u soooo much, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is so cute (so is your kitty)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I don't know what drugs you were on when you posted that comment, but I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lacey: He IS so cute! Best cuddler ever! I'll bet he would LOVE to cuddle up with you for two weeks around the end of June.... ;)

    ReplyDelete